Sunday 3 September 2023

The Alexandrian

 I have been really enjoying catching up on The Alexandrian blog (95%+ focused on role-playing games) and on the YouTube Alexandrian channel. I know it has been going for ages, but it was entirely new to me. Although role-playing games have always been part of my gaming - or at least they have for 35 years or so - it has always played third string to miniatures games and board games. However, RPGs have been more prominent for me over the last year, for two reasons: firstly, whenever life gets more stressful, I have tended to increase RPGs and diminish other games; and secondly, most of my children prefer RPGs to wargames in particular, so I have tended to focus more on what they want.  Anyway, I have found a ton of useful and usable advice in The Alexandrian on every aspect of running RPGs - it is proving a brilliant resource in making my current games (Twilight 2000 v2 and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1e) much better. So, if you haven't heard of it before, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment